It is recommended to use a code editor like Visual Studio Code or Atom to have it saved on your computer in case of the browser crashes or freezes.
To update the panel, press
ctrl+s inside the code editor or click outside the code editor. The panel will only save if there are new changes.
- Create a graphical drawing in HTML or SVG.tip
Using a vector graphics software like Inkscape and Adobe Illustrator makes creating graphics a lot easier.
- Create a new panel and select HTML Graphics in the visualizations tab.
- Paste the HTML/SVG code into the HTML/SVG document code editor.
- Write code that you want to run once when the dashboard loads in the onInit code editor.
- Write code you want to run when new data is available in the onRender code editor.
- Add options into the Custom properties code editor you want to use in onInit or onRender.
- Make good use of the developer console (ctrl+shift+j) and console.log().
Using a bundler is highly encouraged.